Friday August 30th – Monday September 2nd 2013
Region of Waterloo
A 4 day Gorean Gathering is being planned and organized for 2013!
It will be held the Labour Day Long Weekend!
The Realm of the Purple Rose Household will be hosting a Pig Roast on Saturday August 31st
Non-alcoholic beverages will be provided. BYOB of your preference.
Campfire that evening.
Some of the events planned –
Bike Show and Shine
Workshops, Seminars and Discussion Groups
There will be some Gorean Games –
* Ball and Bat – A game, akin to Earth’s ‘keep-away’, consisting of two 2-man teams. It is played with a wooden bat and wooden ball. Not for the weak.
Marauders of Gor, page 140
* Bola – A weapon developed by the Tribes it consists of 3 long straps of leather (5 feet) each terminating in a weighted leather sack. Whirled to great speed above the head it is released high or low depending on it’s intent rapidly injuring or entangling it’s prey. Also employed as a game where slave girls are ordered to run while the Masters attempt to ensnare them with the bola.
Nomads of Gor, page 24
Magicians of Gor, page 299
* Game of Favors – A game played by Free Woman at the Carnival where each woman is given ten scarves and must run about asking for the men to accept her favor; the goal to be the first to get rid of the scarves and run back.
Players of Gor, page 44
* Meat Catch – A carnival-like game which involves slaves lined up on their knees, hands bound behind their backs who are tossed bits of meat to catch one at a time; the girls catching the meat, or recovering a missed bit by scrambling with the others for it, receive points for their Masters.
Captive of Gor, page 112
Magicians of Gor, page 37 and 43
* Soccer – Soccer like game with the leather ball with goals drawn in the turf played by the Red Hunters.
Beasts of Gor, page 193
* Staff Challenge – A game played, namely at fair-type events, where men compete with staffs in good-natured sport for various prizes.
Magicians of Gor, page 40
More information coming shortly!